Sunday, June 06, 2004

Pirates vs. Cubs, 5 June 2004

I realize I'm a bit late to the punch on this one, but here's what happened to the Pirates in yesterday's 6-1 loss to the Cubs.

Kris Benson's pitching well, and thanks to a homer by Jason Bay, Benson enters the bottom of the seventh with a 1-0 lead. He loads the bases with one out and is replaced by Mike Gonzalez. Corey Patterson hits Gonzalez' 1-0 pitch to first, which should start an inning-ending double play. Unfortunately, Randall Simon flubs the throw to home, the Pirates get no outs on the play, and the Cubs score three runs that inning.

Does Lloyd McClendon think:
A) "Why do my teams always seem to lose more games than they ought to?"
B) "Why am I letting Randall Simon try to play defense late in a game we're leading 1-0?"
B1) "Wait a second, why am I letting Simon play at all? When's Dave going to let J.J. get over that fake injury?" or
C) None of the above.

My money's on C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Listed on Blogwise Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com